*Seasoning: Liquid smoke, olive oil, maple syrup, sea salt
We are so excited to introduce our meal-kit options. This easy-to-make Mango Cashew Salad recipe is full of flavour and packed with nutrients!
Mangos, besides being delicious, are incredible for gut health and promote digestion. This is not the time to stress out the gut with heavy foods. We’re keeping it light and easy! Adding nutritionally dense food is a game changer, that's why we’ve added red onions and black sesame into the mix! Red onions are loaded with antioxidants and have many antibacterial properties. Black sesame seeds are famous for their anti-aging properties and are also amazing for gut health. If you’ve ever used liquid smoke in your cooking you know how much of a flavour kick it adds to any dish. If you’ve yet to try it, you're in for a bbq-y goodness surprise. Not only does it provide your palate with a smokey flavour but is also packed with antiallergenic and anti-inflammatory properties.
We love cashews for how versatile they are! Adding them into the salad takes your minerals and vitamin intake to another level and adds protein to this meal. Top with antioxidants packed cilantro.
Experience Thailand flavours from the comfort of your own home.
You can now find this meal kit option for sale on website for just $16.99 (feeds 2 people). Post and tag us! We’d love to share your beautiful creations.
Mango Cashew Salad Recipe!
1. Reheat Cashews
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil or avocado oil with the entire jar of cashews to a small pan. Heat on medium 5 minutes (depending on how quickly your stove gets hot) You want to aim for the cashews to be warm but not burnt.
- Set cashews aside while you cut your mango
2. Cut mango into thin slices, so they look like french fries. Alternatively, you can cut them into cubes depending on your style preference.
How to cut a mango:
- Determine the tallest line of the mango.
- Slice in half, avoiding the pit.
- Take a knife and make lengthwise cuts in it, without cutting the peel. If you'd like to cut them into cubes, slice width wise as well (see photo).
- With your knife, carve out the slices of mango avoiding the peel.
3. Add Mango, your first layer, to your plate by stacking them
4. Add Cashews. Your kit comes with one cup of cashews, so you may add as many of as little as you’d like.
5. Add cilantro
6. Add red onion
7. Sprinkle coconut pieces
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds
Share you photos with us! Tag us on instagram @freedomjars.