When I make any meal, I try to jam pack it with as many nutritious ingredients as will taste good together. Salads are my summer go-to’s for the few obvious reasons of them being a light but filling meal but also for the fact that I can add in seasonal fruits such as berries and mangos as well! Yumm!
Kale is known to be one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world, loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and K. When it is massaged with oil and lemon, it helps to break down the bitter flavour and makes it taste much better. To boost the healthy gut flora and help the body to digest the dark greens I add mangos. Cucumbers not only add a nice light flavour into the salad but also helps to hydrate the body, which is especially important in the summer heat.
For a fun pop of colour I top off this summer salad with berries! Loaded with fibre and antioxidants, strawberries and blueberries are a must have in this mix! Topped off with the Black Garlic Cashew Cheese as an additional flavour kick and a good amount of healthy fats necessary for body and brain function.
We make salads fun! Add this recipe kit to your shopping basket and give it a try today!
Black Garlic Cheese Salad
- Bring 1 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and lower the heat to low/medium. Cover and let simmer for approximately 20 min. When ready, quinoa will be fluffy with a slight crunch. Set aside to cool.
- Strip the kale leaves off the stem and cut or rip into smaller, bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add lemon and olive. Massage until all leaves are covered.
- Cut the cucumber in half and then slice into 3cm half moons. Add into the bowl of kale and mix.
- Peel and cut mango into chunks or slices. Add into the bowl and toss lightly to coat all the greens with the mango.
- Add some of the salad into a smaller bowl and top with blueberries, sliced or diced strawberries and Nuts for Cheese: Black garlic Cheese.